Rosehaven Continuing Care Center
Constructed by the province in 1915 as the second institution in the province dedicated to educating teachers, the Camrose Normal School served this role for 23 years. It was used by the Department of National Defence from 1938 – 1946 before being used as a geriatric mental health facility. As the entire Rosehaven seniors complex grew the building was converted for administrative use in 1988.
The project was to undertake an assessment and to create a plan to repair and conserve the existing historic windows and stonework. As a number of the upper windows had been replaced following a fire in the 1990’s with PVC units, part of the intervention will replace them with historically accurate units.